EMMCA Volunteer Programs
Get Involved - Volunteer
Home Chore Addendum
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Individually - Volunteer individually or with a friend/family member in any of EMMCA's volunteer opportunities.
- Groups – Volunteer with a group from your work, church, fraternity, sorority, service organization or school. Small and large groups are welcome to do outdoor work at EMMCA or at clients’ homes. Some small groups also can be accommodated in EMMCA's Adult Day Center or at EMMCA's office.
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, contact David Wilson at Davidw@emmca.org or at 608-210-6905.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What will I do as a volunteer?
Volunteers play a vital role at EMMCA, helping to serve hundreds of clients and provide resources and services that change people’s lives. See links above for more program specific details.
Where are volunteers sites located?
You may work in a client’s home, at an EMMCA meal site in the community, or in EMMCA's Adult Day Center or office depending on the program you choose. See links above for more program specific details.
Why should I volunteer with EMMCA?
Volunteers create lasting and meaningful connections with clients, community members, and EMMCA staff. Volunteering with EMMCA is also a great way to give back to your community, gain exposure in the field of geriatrics, learn new skills, and build your resume.
When will I volunteer?
Volunteers work with EMMCA staff and clients to create a schedule that works for them. While some programs, such as the EMMCA Day Center and Nutrition Sites, take place during specific business hours, our Home Chore program offers complete flexibility based on your schedule and that of the client with whom you are matched.
How do I become a volunteer?
1. Complete the application
- Indicate which program you are interested in
- Provide two professional references
- Submit application through email
2. Set up an in-person interview with the Volunteer and Home Chore Coordinator
- This interview is informal, and a way to get a sense of what you’d like to do with our agency as well as give you a chance to ask any questions you may have.
3. Agree to a background and reference check
- To ensure the safety of our clients EMMCA conducts background and reference checks for all volunteers.
- Once this background check EMMCA staff will contact you to set up your first day of volunteering.
4. Meet with the manager of the program you will be working with for training and orientation.
5. Have fun getting to know staff and clients while you are volunteering!